Friday, March 22, 2013

Banana Pancakes: Delicious AND Nutritious

Okay, not the best picture, but it's all I have!






































My most recent food love: Banana Pancakes!!!

I LOVE these things. And they are super simple to make.

It really doesn't get much more simple than
1 very ripe medium banana & 2 medium eggs
all mashed, mixed, and cooked over medium heat
on a lightly greased griddle!

The past couple mornings, I've eaten a few of these delicious pancakes
after my morning workout to get some protein and curb my hunger
before my PB banana oatmeal is ready.

These pancakes are really sweet, so you don't have
to add syrup at all! The natural sweetness from
the mashed up banana is plenty.
How great is that?

I must say that these banana pancakes are MUCH better fresh.
They don't make the best leftovers.
(not that you should EVER have leftovers with these! Haha.)

I did heat some up this morning as leftovers and they weren't too bad.
They are just SO much better fresh. So just eat them all at once!

And you won't have to feel bad about it either!
I'll tell you why...

These pancakes are packed with protein and are
good sources of vitamin A, iron, and vitamin C,
meaning that they have between 10-19% of your
recommended daily value for each of those nutrients!

Cool, right?

So, I did a little research and figured out the
nutrition facts for these banana pancakes!
(You're welcome!)

Banana Pancakes

























So, as you can see, the cholesterol in these is really high,
so just plan on eating very low cholesterol foods the rest of the day if you eat these.

Low cholesterol foods would include any fruits or veggies
(they don't have any because cholesterol is only found in animal products),
lean meats and proteins, and whole grains.

Also, if you happen to be worried about the 13g of sugar, don't worry much.
It's natural sugar from the banana!

Okay, now here's your homework:
  • Buy some bananas.
  • Wait patiently (I know it can be hard) for at least ONE banana to get really ripe. And...
  • Make these!!! :)
  • Oh, and eat the whole batch. Because you can.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips