Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Good" mom, "bad" mom

Sometimes, I have one of those days where I feel like I can do no wrong.
Everything works out perfectly.
Kaiya's happy. Joshua's happy.
I'm happy.
I feel like a "good mom".

Tuesday was one of those days.
Joshua and I woke up early to workout together.
(And boy, was it a brutal workout - in a good way)
We loved spending that time together,
suffering through the burning thighs
and the sweatiness that accompanied it.

I had my Writings of Isaiah test that I was worried about
and felt like I did really well on it.

Kaiya was SUPER happy all day.
Full of smiles and giggles and crawling!
(Except I didn't get to see her crawl so it doesn't count, haha)

My favorite moment was when I held
Kaiya in my arms before bedtime.
Joshua kept leaning in and making funny noises at her.
Each time he did, she would squeal and giggle uncontrollably,
hide her face in my shoulder, and then look at Joshua expectantly,
just waiting for the next silly noise.

We did this over and over and over...and over.
It was one of those moments I don't ever want to forget.
It was so full of joy and love.
Love for my baby and love for my sweet husband.

Wednesday, on the other hand was soooo hard.
One of those days where I felt like a "bad mom".
Everything seemed to go wrong.
I could not get anything done.
Kaiya was fussy ALL day.
I could not figure out what was wrong!

I just held her and rocked her, trying to provide some comfort.
I felt so overwhelmed and so unqualified to be a mother.
I was tired and stressed (lots of midterms to study for).
And no matter how hard I tried to get her to go to sleep,
she would not have it!

So she cried, and I cried.
And then I prayed.
I prayed for strength at this moment
because I could not do it on my own anymore.
I prayed for Kaiya and I prayed for myself.

And even though she did not quiet down immediately,
she did eventually fall asleep for the night.
And I got to sleep.
I also got the loving embrace of a caring husband
when he got home from work.

Life's hard, but I'm blessed.
Even on my "bad mom" days.


A good reminder for me! (image found on Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips