Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blogilates & PB Banana Oatmeal


Every morning, I start my day around 5AM with my dear friend Cassey Ho...

Okay, so maybe I don't really know Cassey and I've never met her in my life,
but I consider her my friend because she kicks my body into shape!
(Boy, does she kick it into shape...my legs are sore as we speak!)

Cassey is a POP Pilates instructor who creates workout videos
 and posts them on Youtube and her website, blogilates.com.
She has meal plans, recipes, a shop of workout clothes,
workout routines for arms, abs, legs, core, full body,
etc. etc. etc. She has workouts for everything!
I follow along with the calendars of workouts she posts every month.

And I LOVE her workouts! She is upbeat, motivating, and exciting throughout her routines.
She pushes me to work harder and be stronger...even if she is a little crazy sometimes.
My favorite of her quotes: "Train like a beast, look like a beauty."
I just really can't explain how much I enjoy doing her workouts every morning.
I think the greatest indicator of how much I enjoy her workouts is that I
look forward to them every single morning. 
And I think that's the key to working out.
You have to love what you're doing to stay motivated to work out.

Anyways, if you're looking for a good workout that you can do in the comfort
of your own home without tons of extra workout props (weights, yoga balls, etc.)
I would HIGHLY recommend checking out Blogilates!

On another note...







































This^^^^ is what I have for breakfast practically every morning after my workout.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal!
I am obsessed with this oatmeal because it's fast, easy, filling, healthy, and DELICIOUS.
I feel soooo good after eating it. :)

Here's how I make it:

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Prep Time: Maybe 5 min. at most!  Serves: 1 (me!)

What you'll need:

  • 1/2 cup dry old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup water
  • Handful of raisins
  • 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter (I like Adam's Creamy natural PB)
  • 1/2 medium banana
  • Drizzle of agave nectar (or honey)

How to make it:
  1. Combine oats and water in microwave safe bowl (preferably one with high edges so the oats don't spill over when cooking).
  2. Cook in microwave on high for 1 minute, take out and stir.
  3. Cook in microwave for 1 more minute, keeping an eye on it to make sure it's not overflowing!)
  4. Take it out again and stir. Just check to see if the consistency is the way you like it. If so, your oats are ready for some yummy additions.
  5. Stir a handful of raisins (or any other type of dried fruit) in with your oats.
  6. Add the peanut butter in dollops on top of the oats.
  7. Slice up your banana half and place on top.
  8. Drizzle some agave nectar (or honey) over everything.
  9. Dig in and enjoy! 
What I love about oatmeal is that it is so versatile. You could add chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, or whatever your heart desires to this recipe to make it something you love! 


What is your favorite breakfast to get the day started right?

3 comments:

  1. that's good to know! i might start doing that once i have my baby...its nice because you don't have to leave and go to the gym! I love free workout videos :) and oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do it! It has been so much fun for me and has helped me feel like "me" again in my new, wonderful post-prego body. :)

    Seriously, I love the Blogilates workout videos. I've already converted one of my friends to it and she loves it too! She even does it with her husband. Haha. I've done it a few times with Joshua and that has been so fun for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to put frozen strawberries (or any frozen berries) in my oatmeal. They cool it down while they melt. :) And then I put brown sugar on top. Maybe I should try peanut butter--that is healthier. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips