Thursday, March 7, 2013

Quinoa with chicken sausage and steamed broccoli

What was for dinner tonight?!

FYI, it looked a lot better in person! Haha

























This deliciousness!

I wasn't really in the mood for any kind of lengthy dinner preparation
so I decided to quickly throw this yummy mixture together:

  • quinoa
  • steamed broccoli (steamed with about a clove of minced garlic, salt and pepper, and a bit of good ol' butter...the real stuff!)
  • chicken sausage (we LOVE this chicken sausage from Sam's club...sooo good!)
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
I love how simple, delicious, and healthy this meal is!
Sometimes I eat delicious food, but my body feels icky afterwards
because it may have been more on the delicious side of the spectrum
 rather than the healthy side.

Fortunately, this dish is on the delicious AND the healthy sides of the spectrum.
Full of protein from the quinoa (a "complete" protein to be exact, containing all 9 essential amino acids! Learn more about quinoa here) and protein from the chicken sausage and mozzarella cheese.
PLUS yummy vitamins A & C...and fiber!!!... from the broccoli. 

It doesn't get much better than that.

After eating this meal, both Joshua and I agreed that it was wonderfully filling
even though we didn't have huge portion sizes or anything.

The only thing I would do differently next time is to 
cook the quinoa in chicken broth instead of water.
Quinoa, while being super healthy, can be a bit on the bland side
if not used well in a recipe. Or maybe I'm not cooking it correctly?...

I don't know. If you happen to know more about cooking quinoa,
feel free to let me know the secrets! 

Also, if you have any yummy quinoa recipes that you love,
PLEASE share! I love finding and trying out new recipes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips