Friday, February 15, 2013

What am I thinking???!

So, a little thought has been planted and growing in my mind for the past few of days.

No, this can't be happening! I think to myself. 
Why am I thinking about this now?! 

Because now doesn't seem like the best time to be thinking about switching my major...

To what you may ask?

Photo from Google Images.


Nursing.

That's right. I'm thinking about trying to get into that program at BYU where
over a hundred other people apply and most of them qualify
but only 64 or so are accepted.

What am I thinking?

Well, I'm thinking about how I really enjoy my current major,
but how I have no idea what I would do with it after graduation if I ever 
needed to help support my family.

I'm also thinking about how nursing was the first major I was in,
how I studied and prayed and passed all those prerequisites for the program,
and how hard I worked...only to switch my major because I was afraid
I wouldn't have time for nursing school after getting married.

Except now I'm not only married, I'm also a mother.
And I'm still thinking about applying for nursing school?
Yeah.

And I don't know if I'd be accepted or anything,
but I'm thinking, "why not try?"
It'd be three more years of school,
but I'd love it.

I don't know. There are so many thoughts racing through my mind at the moment.
I'm just trying to sort them all out and make a decision.

What do you think? 

Probably that I'm crazy, but I think I could actually do this.
I would need heaven's help and angels around me on a daily basis,
but I think I could do it.

Anyways, that's what's going on in my little brain at the moment.

Love,
JaM

1 comment:

  1. Listen to those thoughts. They are coming into your mind for a reason. Sometimes logic gets into the way of what we are supposed to do. I remember a time when I thought I should keep my job because it made sense and I could help support my family and I was perfectly capable of it. It made logical sense to go back to work the next year. But something kept nagging me not to go back. I couldn't feel settled until I finally decided not to go back. I'll never know why I couldn't go back to work at that time, but when I made the decision I had a lot of peace. Then I decided to go back since I felt so good, and then the same confusing feelings came back and I decided the first decision was right. You should listen to your thoughts and your heart. The spirit speaks to you with thoughts to your mind and feelings to your heart and sometimes it's only years later that you look back and realize why it was important that you made that decision. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips