Thursday, February 7, 2013

Time to play catch-up!

Oh my, where to start?

Life is so busy right now.
Who would have thought that going to school, working,
 AND being a wife and mother would be so time-consuming?

Oh wait, I remember...that's what I signed up for!
And as crazy as my days usually are,
they are often extremely rewarding as well.

I also know that all of this is temporary.
I won't be in school my whole life.
Or working my whole life (hopefully).

So, even though it is temporary, I am trying to find the "joy in the journey."

So many people go through life saying,
"Someday,  when I reach this such-and-such part of my life,
I will be happy."

But then they're never happy right now.

Not to say that I haven't ever had these thoughts,
but I am trying so hard to be happy now.
If I always find a reason to be happy now, I'll be happy always.
And that sounds pretty good to me!

Anyways... with life being so crazy,
I have failed to write about several happenings in the McG family.

First...




















Kaiya takes over our bed...the little stinker!
But she's too cute and peaceful to move to her bassinet.
(Please excuse the mess!)

Second, I made these last week...






















Vegetarian Quesadillas!!!

Ever since one of my friends introduced me to these, they have been a favorite.

I'll have to share the recipe sometime. ;) Basically, it's yellow squash, sweet corn, black beans, garlic, cilantro, and dried basil and oregano all sauteed together and placed on a tortilla with a generous amount of mozzarella.

Sooo ooey gooey good. Anyways, it's a favorite.

Third...

















Joshua and I made Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies yesterday using this recipe.

















They were soooo good!

I don't know if I can even adequately describe their soft, fluffy, sugary goodness!
I am a fan of soft sugar cookies and these fit that description perfectly.
Just thinking about these is making me salivate...

Well, here are just a few things that the little McG family has been up to.
And there has been so much in between.

We are definitely getting psyched for Valentine's Day!
Do you have any plans with your sweetheart? Roommates? Ben & Jerry's? (Haha, just kidding!)

Love,
JaM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips