Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hidden Chocolates

As I'm sure all of you are aware,
Valentine's Day is coming up in just a couple days!

I love Valentine's Day and always have.

I remember growing up and looking forward to Valentine's Day morning.
Every year, my parents placed a Valentine's card and some kind of chocolate heart
or box of chocolates somewhere in my room to find in the morning.

This made me feel so loved and so special--like I was their favorite child.
(Even though they did this for my brother and sister too!)
I know that I want to establish a tradition like this with my kids.
I know they will look forward to it every year just as much as I did.

I would also like to add to that tradition by doing a special Valentine's Day breakfast
or something like that. Or maybe a special treat or note in their lunches...
I don't really know yet, but I sure am excited to see their joy and excitement
when that time comes. :)

Anyways, what I really want to write about in this post is my sweet husband.



























He has always been so kind and loving and forgiving towards me,
even when I am in a really bad mood! (Trust me, it happens.)

A couple weeks ago, I was eating a little container of my favorite Greek yogurt (Wild Cherry flavor)
when all of a sudden, my spoon hit what I thought was a giant cherry pit!
Holy cow! I thought. Did I win something?!

Well, it turns out that Joshua, being the sweet, sneaky man he is,
snuck a Hershey Bliss dark chocolate into my yogurt!
(He knows I have an obsession with dark chocolate...)

After I squealed with excitement, he informed me that every day
up until Valentine's day, he would hide a chocolate somewhere in the house for me to find.



It really doesn't get better than that.

So every day for the past couple of weeks, I have been on guard for that chocolate!
And not only has he hidden Hershey Bliss dark chocolates,
but he also hides Ghirardelli Mint-filled chocolates and Raspberry-filled chocolates!

So...I've been in chocolate heaven for the past couple weeks.

I am so so SO grateful for a husband who knows me.
Really, truly knows me and what I enjoy.
I enjoy chocolate and surprises and he combined those things perfectly
into this hidden chocolate hunt.






Joshua, I love you. Thanks for being my husband.
Thanks for all the hard work you do for our family.

We love you!

Love,
Mikaila

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips