Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Clean Eating

So, I've noticed a ton of hype recently with "clean eating."
I wasn't sure what it was, so I did what most people do these days
and Googled it!

According to The Gracious Pantry,
clean eating has everything to do with eating food in its most natural state.
The way God made it.

Photo from The Gracious Pantry


I really like that!
And the more I think about it,
the more it makes sense.

Of course my body will be happier and healthier
if I feed it with natural, good-for-you foods
that my body already naturally knows how to process!

Here are some of my favorite clean eating tips:

1. Never eat anything that has ingredients you can't pronounce 
or have never heard of in your life 
(which really makes sense when you 
realize you don't want to 
eat something that sounds like it came 
from a science experiment).

2. Don't buy a food if there are more than 6 ingredients listed
(especially if they include those mystery ingredients we 
talked about earlier!)

3. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies!
Well, I'm pretty good at the fruits part, 
but I could definitely eat more veggies!

4. Eat whole grains and avoid refined grains.
Whole grains have way more fiber and other nutrients
that are lost in the refining process.

I am just starting my research into clean eating
and already I'm a believer.

I would really like to incorporate clean eating 
into my life, but...

It seems SO expensive! 

So, for you health nuts out there who know way 
more about clean eating than I do,
could you give me any tips for 
incorporating clean eating on a budget.

Sometimes I feel like it is so hard to eat healthy
because all the healthy foods are expensive!
(And people wonder why America has weight issues?)

Anyways, have a wonderful (and healthy) day!
And again, feel free to give me any
of your clean eating tips if you have any! :)

Love,
JaM

4 comments:

  1. http://www.stacymakescents.com/eating-healthy-on-a-budget
    This blog is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't already, look into Bountiful Baskets! Great way to get lots of good fruits and veggies. And it really helps us try new ones that I wouldn't buy in the store on my own. They even have organic options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another friend who suggested that! I'll definitely look into it! Are the fruits and veggies free? Or just really cheap?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips