Thursday, February 21, 2013

V-Day Perfection

Last Thursday, Joshua and I celebrated our
3rd Valentine's Day together!
It's hard to believe that it has been that long since our
first V-Day together.

I remember our first Valentine's Day like it was yesterday.
Joshua and I had been dating for about 3 weeks 
and I was SO excited to share Valentine's Day with him!
I remember being anxious ALL day.

We had all these plans for a picnic 
on the overlook looking down on Provo valley.
How romantic, right?!

Unfortunately, we had a miscommunication between Joshua
and his sister about who was going to have the car and when
...so...

We were carless...on Valentine's Day!

So, we made the best of it, and went to...*drumroll, please*
Wendy's! 

So, maybe it wasn't as romantic as a picnic overlooking the valley
but I was there with an amazing guy who 
was trying his best to make the most of an unfortunate situation.
(he still makes the most of every situation)

Eventually, we did get the car 
and we did drive to the overlook.
We sat and talked and talked and talked.
We talked about everything.

And it was then that I knew he wanted to marry me. :)
He didn't say it directly, but I knew.
(kind of a scary thought at first for me,
 but I warmed up to the idea quickly)

This year, our Valentine's was much different
than our first Valentine's Day together.
1. We are now married.
2. We have a baby.
3. We don't have the stamina to stay up as late!
(That's what having a baby does to you :) )

 
 To celebrate Valentine's Day, we got some special BYU treats:
 BYU brownies (famous for being super fudgey and delicious) and
BYU Creamery ice cream (famous for super creamy, addictive ice cream)


Joshua made me heart-shaped Banana Nutella French Toast.
He has an amazing French Toast recipe! To die for!


Yummy!


The picture doesn't even do it justice...whatsoever...
This French Toast doesn't even need syrup.
It's that good!
And after eating French Toast in heart shapes,
Joshua is not sure he can go back to plain, bread-shaped 
French Toast! Haha! What a cutie.

The pa'an here is to DIE for!

Speaking of my cutie...
Here he is when we went to Banana Leaf for our "real"
Valentine's Day dinner on Friday night.
He had to work on Thursday night.

This restaurant was one I had been dying to go to
for awhile, so he chose to go here!
What a sweetheart.

And the food was AMAZING!
Provo friends, this is a must-go-to restaurant!
Just look at that plate!

Hope you all had a wonderful V-Day!

Love, 
JaM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips