Monday, January 20, 2014

Pregnancy Numero Dos!

If you hadn't heard already, I am expecting a BABY!
Yes, baby #2...in July...due one day before Kaiya's birthday!

Hopefully I'm not in the hospital for Kaiya's 2nd birthday...
We may have to celebrate a little earlier...or later :D

Anyways, I just wanted to share a bit about how this pregnancy has been.

Pregnancy #2 = Pregnancy #1 = Wonderful!

I know there are hundreds and thousands of women who have very difficult
pregnancies, and I have no idea how they get through it all! That would be so difficult!
Especially for those pregnant mommas who already have one or two (or three) little ones.

For me, however, the first trimester of pregnancy is a little rough,
filled with nausea and exhaustion,
but starting the second trimester is heaven!
I have much more energy and I just feel good--like my body enjoys 
housing and nourishing a little baby. 

And I truly feel blessed to experience pregnancy like that!
because pregnancy for a lot of women is really difficult.
And I have so much respect for those whose bodies have a
difficult time with pregnancy (my mom had terrible, hospitalizing pregnancies!)

Anyways, despite the very similar pregnancy experience with Kaiya and Baby McG #2,
this pregnancy is also very different in some ways.

Why is this pregnancy different?

Reason #1: I already have one little munchkin to take care of (plus a big, handsome one ;) )
As my belly grows, it gets a little more difficult (and exhasuting!) to carry Kaiya around with me all the time! And I do tend to need at least one nap a day, but that often doesn't happen because Kaiya can't be up and about while I snooze. :D That would lead to disastrous consequences...

Reason #2: I am doing pregnancy yoga and working out daily
When I was pregnant with Kaiya, I was taking like 17 or 18 credits of classes and working, so I didn't have much time, or energy, for physical activity outside of walking to and from campus. This pregnancy is much different. Every day I do some sort of physical activity, whether Joshua
does some personal training with me or I YouTube some pregnancy pilates or yoga. I find
that as I stay fit and active during my pregnancy, I have a lot more energy and I feel much stronger
and confident about what my body is capable of during pregnancy. It is also extremely beneficial for labor and birth!

Reason #3: I am prepping for a natural delivery
This is also why I am working out a lot more during this pregnancy that I did with Kaiya. I want to have a strong, capable mind and body for a natural delivery. That's right. Completely natural. No pain meds. With Kaiya, I went into the whole labor thing with the thought, "I'd like to have a natural birth but I might have the epidural. I don't know. I guess I'll decide when it comes to the big day." BAD IDEA!!! That is the wrong thought process to have going into labor, because you DO want the pain meds if you haven't prepped for a natural birth. So, I ended up having the epidural with Kaiya (which I do not regret!).

However, with this baby, I want to try a natural birth AND I am going to prepare for it. Have you heard of Hypnobirthing? It's a natural birthing technique that emphasizes relaxation, meditation, and breathing throughout labor and understanding your body's strength and capability. I've done some research on Hypnobirthing and really want to try it out! So, I am going to buy this book and CD to prepare for my natural delivery. (I will have to do another post after the delivery to let you all know
if hypnobirthing worked for me!)

Reason #4: I won't be in school after the birth!!!! (my favorite reason this pregnancy is different)
Self-explanatory. I couldn't be more excited to be a mommy at home with my favorite people and not have to run off to school or work every day.

By the way...I'm 15 weeks along now! Almost 4 months. 5 more to go!

5 comments:

  1. yay! mikaila i am so happy you will be done with school! that will be wonderful! I'm excited for that to happen for me one day too. you are so cute :) also, have you exercised everyday including the first trimester or just since the second trimester started?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerri! I really am so ready to be done with school, work, AND motherhood all at the same time. I'm ready to be a full-time mommy (with maybe some part-time work on the side). I exercised every day before the pregnancy, didn't really get any exercise other than walking to and from campus during the first trimester (I seriously lost all energy and motivation by mid-day), and then slowly picked it up again as I started the second trimester.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congrats again on baby #2! My pregnancies were pretty similar- pretty sick the first part, better the second, exhausted for the third. I think the 2nd was better all around because I was so busy with baby #1 that there wasn't enough time to feel grumpy :) As for the hypnobirthing- Yay! I loved it with both my boys and highly recommend it as the route for natural birth (or really any kind of birth, really). I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aubrey! I didn't know you did hypnobirthing for your two boys! I am so glad you recommend it. I have heard nothing but great things about it. :) You'll have to let me know any tips you might have. ;)

      Delete
  3. You're awesome, Mikaila! Glad to hear everything is going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips