Monday, July 15, 2013

There's no place like home...

So, one thing (among many) that makes growing up in Kansas pretty cool
 is that when I write blog posts about visiting, I can title them cliche things like,
"There's no place like home..." Haha!

But really, there is no place like home.

Joshua, Kaiya, and I made a surprise visit to Kansas a
month or so ago to see my parents and my sister.

My parents had no idea we were coming.

And we just so happened to be at the airport on the same night that my
parents were already picking up my sister from the airport.

So, after hiding out for a while in the airport, we spotted my parents and
my sister and started following them as they walked back to the car.

And they still had no idea we were right there!
Kaiya was even screaming and they didn't turn to look or anything.
It was quite amusing.

At one point, my dad turned around,
looked me right in the eye, and then kept on walking!
I almost died laughing!

Eventually, I came up behind them and said, "Hey don't I know you guys?!"
Oh.my.gosh. I wish I had recorded the look on their faces!

They were SO shocked.
And it took them a good few seconds for it to sink in that it really was me.
They just could not believe that we were there!

It was the best surprise ever!

We then had a wonderful four or so days with them just relaxing and spending time together as a family.

I got to see my sweet friend, Allison, who I haven't seen in SO long.
(Although we failed to get a picture! Sad...)

I also got to spend an afternoon with another dear friend of mine, Tashua,
and her cute baby boy!

































He's SO adorable!





















Look at those eyes!





















We had so much fun at this beautiful park.





















We got to ride the train around the park.





















Joshua was looking handsome as ever.


























Oma got some quality time with her grand-daughter.





















And we just loved our visit!
Hopefully we will be able to visit again soon. :)

Love you mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips