Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Symbolgram

For one of my classes, my first assignment was to create a "symbolgram."
What in the world is a symbolgram? I thought.
Basically my symbolgram was whatever I wanted it to be.
Just something to symbolize who I am.

Being one who loves a "traditional" approach to creativity,
I made a poster--one filled with pictures and words that make me who I am.
To accompany it, I wrote a brief, one-page paper about what
makes the pictures and words significant to me.

What a cutie! He held my poster up so I could take a picture of it. :) Thanks Joshua. You're the best!
























  •  I am from Olathe, KS. No, I do not own red, glittery shoes or have a dog named Toto.
  •  I married my husband, Joshua, in August 2011 in the Mesa, AZ temple.
  •  Joshua and I have a 6-month baby girl named Kaiya. She is the sweetest, cutest baby in the world!
  •  I love babies! I love how innocent and pure they are and how curious they are about the world around them. They should be showered with kisses!
  • I love dancing and danced throughout high school and danced on BYU’s Folk Dance team (that’s where I met Joshua).
  • To continue my love of dance, I play Zumba Fitness on the Wii.
  •  I am an avid user of Pinterest, but I always make sure to set a time limit so I don’t spend hours on it! I love pinning recipes and craft ideas and then trying them myself.
  • I love fruit! All sorts of fruit—I’m not too picky. I often carry an apple in my backpack.
  •  Cooking and baking are hobbies that I have developed since being married. I never really cooked before then, but now I love it and love finding new, easy, yummy recipes.
  • Photography is another hobby of mine that I hope to really develop throughout my life. I enjoy the ability to capture precious moments and be able to look back on them over and over again.
  •  Brownies and ice cream (together) are a huge weakness of mine. Oh, so delicious!
  • Dark chocolate, especially Ghirardelli’s Dark Chocolate Mint Squares, are another weakness. They are SO good. Sometimes, when I’m lucky, my husband comes home with a bag of these for me.
  • I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know He is my Savior and I appreciate the Atonement and His love for me. This is one of my favorite pictures of Christ because I imagine each one of us as a lost sheep who He finds, holds, and comforts. He provides a safe haven in a scary world.
  • I also have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. I am grateful for the spirit I feel when I read it.
All of these things represent a part of who I am. Working on this project was actually very rejuvenating.
It helped me kind of meditate on what makes me, me
 It helped me realize that I do have passions, dreams, goals, and talents that I am developing.
Throughout my life, my symbolgram will change. 
I'll never be the same person that I am now in years or even months from now. 
And that's the beauty of growing up and learning and becoming someone and something more refined.
Hopefully, becoming the kind of person God wants me to be. 

Well, there's a little piece of me! What would you put on your symbolgram?
Hope you had a wonderful day today. 
And for you Provo friends of mine, I hope you stayed safe from the deathly ice rinks today!

Love, 
JaM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips