Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Scrambled Eggs with Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes and Creamy Goat Cheese

I think I have discovered my breakfast for the rest of forever.
(Not really, but close, because I have to get my oatmeal in there as well!).

I really can't think of a time when I have gone out for breakfast and had eggs this good.
Not even IHOP compares (and I love IHOP)!

These are gourmet scrambled eggs.
Just give 20 minutes of your morning to make these and I promise,
your taste buds and your tummy will thank you.

Savory scrambled eggs with a hint of sweet from the sweet potatoes, and some creamy goat-cheesy goodness will have you coming back for seconds, and thirds, and so on...until there is no more.
You may even have to make more. They are that good.

My husband also LOVES these scrambled eggs. They are his favorite way to start the day as a personal trainer. And as a personal trainer, he endorses them as a healthy, nutritious way to start the day!
(Which makes them even better!)

So basically, they taste good and they are good for you!

Okay, enough chit-chat. Let's get to the good stuff here...





























Scrambled Eggs w/ Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes and Creamy Goat Cheese

Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories (176), Fat (10.1g), Carbs (5.5g), Fiber (1g), Sugars (1.9g), Protein (16.2g)
Packed with Protein & High in Vitamin A (94% daily value)

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 large sweet potato, diced
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3 whole eggs (yolks and whites) 
  • 3 egg whites
  • splash (about 1/2-1 Tbsp.) of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1/8-1/4 c. crumbled goat cheese, for topping
  • non-stick cooking spray
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 
  2. In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender. Make sure to turn the sweet potatoes once during the 10-15 minutes.
  3. While the sweet potatoes are roasting in the oven, prepare the egg mixture by whisking together the whole eggs and egg whites in a small bowl. Add the splash of milk and whisk again to combine.
  4. Spray small to medium-sized skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 of the sweet potatoes (set aside the other half for future scrambled-egg-making) and the egg mixture to the skillet and scramble eggs until cooked through.
  5. Transfer scrambled eggs from the skillet to a bowl or plate for serving. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over the eggs and finally...
  6. Dig in! 
I hope you love these scrambled eggs as much as my husband and I do! To save time, try preparing the sweet potatoes the day before you want to use them for these scrambled eggs! :)

For this recipe, I used leftover sweet potatoes from a Sweet Potato Kale Pizza that I made a few days earlier, which I highly recommend making! This helped save some time in making this dish.  

1 comment:

  1. I am on weight watchers and had made a rosemary sweet potato recipe a few days ago. I had so many left so searched for a breakfast recipe and stumbled across this. I did poached eggs instead of scrambled but loved the combination! It was a great start to the day - very filling. I actually could not finish it all - to rich for the dog! Thanks for the great recipe and idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips