Friday, November 16, 2012

I'll stop procrastinating...starting tomorrow!

So, something I have realized about myself (and I am sure I'm not the only one..at least I hope not!) is that I have a problem.

 A problem with procrastination.

Every day I think, "Okay Mikaila, today is going to be a productive day! I am going to wake up and get everything done on my to-do list...well, everything that I want to do. That homework due at the end of the week? Nah, I still have a while to get that done. That huge research paper due in a couple weeks? That's forever away!" I mean really, isn't that what all you students have thought at one time or another?! ;)

Unfortunately, I say to myself (every day) that I will "work on it tomorrow." Well tomorrow comes and I still don't work on it. Even if I have some spare time! I thought about this today and thought, why do I think this way? Won't I have to get these things done eventually anyway? Why not work on it now so I don't have to stress about it later? 

Well, this is something I am going to be working on. And now that I've made it public, my procrastinating tendencies will magically go away, right? Probably not. But I hope it'll give me incentive to be a little less of a procrastinator.

And while we're on the subject, I'd love to hear your best/worst/most epic procrastination stories! Just for fun. :)

P.S. In other news, Kaiya has successfully discovered the art of rolling from her back to her belly. Where has my little newborn gone?! She's just growing too fast!

Love,
JaM

4 comments:

  1. Mikaila, I can just HEAR you saying these things as I read them. Your voice shines through your writing so well. Hooray for a new blog!

    I can't think of any specific procrastination stories, but that's probably because procrastination is a major element of my life. Ha! Too many stories for any to stand out. You are not alone, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire! I feel the same way every time I read your cute blog! You most certainly have a gift with words. :)

      You know, I feel the same way! There are just too many stories to think of one that stands out! I'm hoping that I'll have a great "overcoming my procrastination" story eventually!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I totally know what you mean. I procrastinate things SOOO much. I just get done the things I want to get done, and then the things I "need" to get done I do them at the very last minute possible so they are always "just in time!" I'll procrastinate a paper for a couple weeks and write it all the night before it's due, cramming until 1am. It just always feels like there are better things to do, right?!

    This is only my first visit to your blog, so I'm not familiar with your daughter Kaiya, but that's so awesome! How old is she? My baby girl is 6 months old now and she just learned to roll over a few weeks ago. I know she's going to be crawling soon, and it almost breaks my heart. Seeing our kids grow up is so bittersweet, isn't it?

    Hope you enjoyed the weekend dear. Good luck with the boycotting procrastination.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaiya is about 4 and 1/2 months old! She is just growing way too fast! She's already rolling across the floor. Sometimes my husband or I will turn around for just a minute and she's halfway across the room! It is just the cutest! I can't even imagine Kaiya crawling yet...and I don't think I want to!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips