Saturday, December 1, 2012

The first time I met you...

Joshua,

    This afternoon we attended the BYU Folk Dance's Christmas Around the World performance. And it wouldn't be so much of a big deal... if we hadn't met on that same stage 2 years ago.

Me and Joshua two years ago during Christmas Around the World 2010
Seeing the show today reminded me how excited I was every rehearsal and every show to run onto that stage with you, hand-in-hand. At that time, we were just good acquaintances. Nothing more. I secretly thought you were WAY cute (even with all that stage makeup on). I didn't think you thought anything of me, really. Didn't think I had anything interesting to say that would grab your attention. Didn't think you'd EVER like me like me. 

I was wrong, obviously.

Two years later, we are married and have a baby girl together. I love you more now than I thought I ever could. Thanks for being mine. Thanks for asking me to be your dance partner for Christmas Around the World two years ago. And thank you for seeing it with me today and reviving those memories.

Love,
M

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, Mikaila! Hold those memories tight as the years pass. They get you through the tough times life throws you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips